CANADIANS - NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY!
Buy with CONFIDENCE from a "Canadian Floridian"
What better place to live OR visit than "Gulf Florida". The climate, of course, is one of Gulf Florida’s biggest attractions with an average annual temperature of 75 degrees. The attributes of beautiful Lee County are unsurpassable! If you are anything like ourselves, after many years of living in Canada, it was time to find eternal Summer!
Summers were too short and Winters were too long. Getting up every morning to another nice day is not only good for your mental health but also for your physical well-being. We are Canadians, having lived in Florida for the past 18 years. Now is your opportunity to buy Florida Real Estate at Bargain prices! Don’t miss out because this Real Estate market has too many reasons not to explode in value once again.
WHY SHOULD I BUY?
Gulf Florida has been a popular Winter destination for decades to Canadians, but we have seen a serious increase lately.
• The Canadian $$ has never been stronger
• The Florida Real Estate market has never been as inexpensive
• The Property Values will rise and offer great investment profits
• If you have ever thought about retiring to warm weather, the opportunity has presented itself
• Canadian Summers have been extremely cool – Florida has 12 months of Summer
• The Winters are way too Long and the Summers are way too short
• Year-round Fishing, Golfing, Biking, Swimming, Beaching, Boating, Camping
• The U.S. culture is closer to mainstream Canada than other cultures
• Property buying is similar to Canada in most ways, including rights of ownership, financing and related costs
• Ease of travel to this U.S. destination via airplane, automobile or motorcycle
• We have an international airport in Ft Myers (Southwest Florida International Airport). It is among the easiest and quickest in and out the door airports out there, so it’s a great asset to the region. The number of flights offered to Canada increases dramatically in the cooler months of the year.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
Buying in the U.S. is a fairly simple process. Plenty of property here is owned internationally. In fact, Canadians are in the number ONE position for Foreign Nationals to own properties in Lee County! It doesn't surprise anyone that our two Nations are joined together in more ways than one.
• If financing is required, a pre-qualification letter from a local Mortgage Broker or your own Canadian Bank, is necessary
• U.S. mortgages are typically 30 year terms - 15 years are sometimes available
• Rates will be a bit higher for foreigners (foreign nationals)
• Review the MLS Listings that we will send to you prior to your trip down here
• Find some possible properties of interest
• Travel to Gulf Florida to look at these properties first hand
• Identify a property to buy
• Your pre-qualification letter (or proof of funds if cash) will be needed in order to submit any offers
• A good-faith deposit is required also when submitting an offer
• Upon acceptance of the offer, a Home Inspection is advised
• Obtaining Insurance is the next step, a Flood Insurance certificate is generally required as a by-product of the Survey that shows where the exact boundaries of the land are
• As long as the contract is properly written, you will have, for example, 10 days or so after the offer is executed to conduct any home inspections you wish. This can include a comprehensive overall inspection, a pool inspection, termite, air conditioning, etc.
• Liens and encumbrances are removed at closing and guaranteed by a Title Company. This Company is responsible should any errors arise. The process is easy and we guide you through every step!
• We have a local RBC branch in South Fort Myers, out towards the beaches.